Saturday, October 4, 2008

pimp with no identity

This is inspired by a post on another blog about workplace politics referring to a person who just imitates anything and everything. It reminded me of my so-called colleague, whom I will refer to as the pimp. He has no researcher identity (has not a real research stream either). So, he will follow my footsteps, imitate my research, let his advisees imitate my research. In fact, in the last couple of years, everything that he did was such a copy of mine that I started thinking he must have not a mind, capacity to think on his own. Which makes me think that.... before he knew me, he must have been appropriating others' work.
Why would you want to be a professor if you had no idea what you were going to study, so much so that anything someone studies is interesting to you? Have you no decency, or selective interest?

No comments: